Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2011

I really want to post something

But this cold has got me down for the count.  I can't remember when I last made something. All the challenges I love doing are on hold until I feel better.  Just a stupid cold, but here it is 9PM and I'm going to bed.
(That's way early for me.)
A good friend lent me her Cricut (can you believe it!!!!!!!) and I cut a few things and then sat down to rest.
So even though this is not new, here is a piece I finished awhile back and never showed you:
Let's see.  The frame came from a thrift store and I added some broken china crackle paint to it.
Coloured a canvas with (I think it was) shabby shutters ink. Stamped the word on it with a Paper Parachute stamp.  (Aren't you impressed that I knew that?  I usually don't, after all.)
I won the dichroic heart in the One World, One Heart event from The Art Junk Gypsy and Bottle Cap Inc. provided the image which I put inside the cap and crackled.
Paper backing behind the canvas and the ATC.
The ATC itself is a piece of metal flashing run through my cuttlebug with a Timmie embossing folder, then I blotted it with various alcohol inks and cut it into strips.  Wove the strips together in a mismash and VOILA!
Something to fill that empty spot on my living room wall.
OK.
I'm done whining.
Night night.
You have fun.

6 comments:

  1. Great artwork!
    Beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are feeling so yucky! That's not fun ever, but even worse at this time of year! I love your piece! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous work of art Electra!
    hope you feel better soon!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((HUGS)) Well, I hope you are feeling better soon! No fun being sick. Thanks for sharing this awesome work of art...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really, really cool! Love the crackle on the frame, and cutting the metal into strips, then weaving? Brilliant! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful. I love all the colors. I certainly hope you get to feeling better soon. I know something as simple as a cold can wear you out. Take care, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!