This is my favorite photo that I've taken so far this season. It's of a new provincial park we have about 5 minutes from where I'm moving to. When I came over the hill and saw this, it took my breath away!
This is a photo of my mom at 18. I was born when she was 38. She passed on when she was 90. Hard to believe she was that young once...I suppose my daughter will look at shots of me as a young woman and wonder too...
1. When I walk around my neighborhood I see _what I'm leaving_.
2. _Food_ is my favorite thing to cook.
3. Life is _hard sometimes_.
4. My _comfy bed_ makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
5. _Acorn Squash_ is my favorite Autumn vegetable.
6. _Popcorn_ is better when it is _buttered_.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _maybe relaxing_, tomorrow my plans include _getting a new light fixture installed_ and Sunday, I want to _leave the city and take some photos_!
5. But when _I said I could do this, I was in a blackout_.
6. _I could nap_ for the longest time.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a break_, tomorrow my plans include _The Farmer's Market and my birthday supper_ and Sunday, I want to _finish everything,m so I can list this place_!
was to include an ATC on your Christmas card this week. Well, anyone who knows me knows there is no way I could pass this challenge up, even if it meant I would have to go out into the streets picking garbage off the street to use in it.
But luckily I didn't have to do that.
After some serious scratching of my head and searching,
I managed to find enough stuff to put together something that does exactly that: Includes an ATC.
Do you notice anything strange or a tad "wrong" with this card?
YES, THAT's IT! You win the Toyota Tercel!
Yes indeedy, the darn words are upside down on the ATC. I stamped the image upside down.
I don't care.
I shall send this one to a very dear friend, one who will understand and not judge me and love me anyways.
And if I can't find one of those, I'll send it to someone who doesn't read English.
Will you just LOOK at that title!! How cool is that? The challenge (for the next two, count em, TWO weeks) over at good ol' Order of the Opus Gluei is to create somethying magnificent (or simply fun) which is related to DANCE in some way. You can do that. You know you can. why if you're not in the mood to make something, just put your PJ's on and videotape yourself dancing around the bedroom to some imaginary tune known only to you. C'mon. You can't NOT do this.
I cannot tell a lie. With my studio in disarray, I went into my extensive stash of completed scrapbook albums, on a mission, with a particular little dancer in mind.
Here is what I was looking for:
Page One: Please take note of the journalling.
And Page Two:
Humphf. THAT was money well spent.
Doesn't that little boy look like he'd rather be ANYWHERE else?
1. When I was 10 years old _I liked to sit on the backyard swing and make up nonsense songs_.
2. _Asparagus_ is my favorite vegetable because _it's yummy and funky looking_.
3. My dream pet is _the one I have now_.
4. _Inspiration_ surrounds you.
5. If I could live anywhere in the world I'd live in _my new condo_.
6. _May Creator's light_ keep on shinin' on me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a nap after work_, tomorrow my plans include _a couple of galleries and the museum_ and Sunday, I want to _make some stuff and visit my bloggy friends_!