Total Pageviews

Friday, October 6, 2017

Oogedy-Boogedy October

It's  time for me to show you what I have 
created for the month of October

I love me some Halloween.
Yup.
I surely do.
And I fell in love with the new Dark Arts Collage Sheet Set at
IN LOVE!
You have to go and check it out!
Really!
I can hardly contain my excitement!
Here, let's see what I did with it:

Isn't this woman amazing?!
(I don't know how that creepy guy behind her
got in there, but she had better be careful.)
And he is by Beth Rimmer.
I placed her over a paper by Cryztal Rain,
added the raven and moon from the Arsenic and Old Lace
Digital Stamp Set.
I finished it with another paper from the Coven paper pak
by putting it over the whole piece
and changing the blending mode so that
the whole thing looked spookier.
See, you can even use these papers as overlays!


What do I say about this? lol
Well, I bumped up the saturation of the
image from Dark Arts to make it kind of bright and neon-y.
(is that a word?)
The magenta background I made to match the
doll and then I placed a paper from
the In Marble Halls Paper Pak
(greatly enlarged) between the background 
paper and the doll image.
Somehow, a skeleton by Beth Rimmer snuck in there too.
THAT'S spooky!
The wordart is a Font I can't remember 
the name of, with a white outline.


This time the background paper is from the Freaky Paper Pak.
Gecko Galz has so many cool Halloween items in their shop!
I erased the background from the woman,
added a couple of embellies by Brandy Murray
and it's done!  Couldn't have been easier!


In this one the background paper is from the Coven Paper Pak and
the wordart is from the Scripted set. 
I did not change the blend mode this time on the wordart, as the background is too dark
and too busy for you to be able to see it.

The background paper on this last one is from 
the Coven paper pak and over top of it 
I put three layers of paper I made to
match the colors in the image by using
the eyedropper and paint bucket tools.
The bats are the digital stamp.
That cat is watching your every move.
(and he is by Cajoline)
DON'T TRY TO LEAVE!!!!

The process I used for these is simple and straightforward.

 I choose a paper for the background.
I crop the image from the Dark Arts page.
Using a mask of my choice, (in all these cases, by Paula Wright)
I layer the masked image over top of the paper.

I sometimes will add one of the Gecko Galz digital stamps and/or icons.
This month I used the Arsenic and Old Lace stamps and icons.

Or maybe words. 
It's all up to you.

The digital stamps are so easy to use.
Did you know that when you change the blend mode
to darken or multiply and that will make the white 
background disappear!
Magic!!!
Then to finish the piece off, I usually add
a border overlay from my massive stash of digital yummies, 
and maybe an embellie from the same massive stash.

So that is my creative contribution for the month.

Make sure you check out the other projects
from our incredibly talented Design Team!
Each day on the Gecko Galz blog there
is a link to each designer's blog and a
free stamp for you!
And for sure, go see all the gorjuss
Halloween items in the

I'll bet you get as carried away as I did!
And it's only the beginning of the month!
See you at the Gecko Galz blog!

Thanks for stopping by, says
Electra, walking away backwards very slowly......


8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Just wow!! These are stunning creations, Patti - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, these are amazing and I love them all. Where did you find the two women and the marionettes? I can't create digitally, but I can print them out and use them in the traditional manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the images are from the DARK ARTS new collage sheet in the shop, my friend.

      https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/540965080/dark-arts-digital-collage-set?ref=shop_home_active_34

      Aren't they amazing!!



      Delete
  3. Don't do hallowe'en but I do like the 31 and All Mad Here designs.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. this may be one of your most brilliant posts EVER. i mean WOW on all these creations. dark, spooky, delightful and fun. you are so masterful at all of these techniques. i salute you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super post full of awesome art!
    I have to tell you Patty, the first digi is my absolute favorite!! That guy in the background is surely a creepy, but I am thinking she could take him if she had to! heehee
    tanks for sharing sweetie- always good to see your fab artwork!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post today, fantastic inspirational projects

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!