Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Happy Canada Day!

That has nothing to do with our new
July Gecko Galz Challenge.
I just felt like wishing you a Happy Canada Day!

Speaking of Canada, why don't you come up this summer and say Hi?
And take some photos.  And do a scrapbook LO.
And enter it in our new challenge:
Mind you, you'll need to come up here before the end of July.
But you can do that, right?

OK, ok, even if you don't come visit, there are
LOTS of awesome travel-themed products in the 

I made this little piece to get you thinking:

The Gecko Galz products I used for my sample are

Postcards From Abroad Collage Sheet

First Class Passage and
St Peters Square paper paks

That pretty font I used for the words is Porcelain.
I found it free on one of the many free font sites.
Basically, I cropped the image I wanted from the collage sheet.
And layered it over repeated layers of the background papers.
In between the layers, I used a brush by Amanda Sok, 
pulling the colours from the original image.

I finished it with the words.
I think it may have taken 20 minutes.
I love Digital art.

But just in case you don't do digital,
This could just as easily be done by printing the 
various layers and image and
cutting them out and stacking them.
Easy as pie.

(Although I have never made an
especially good pie)

What are you going to make
for this month's 
Customer CHALLENGE?

The only requirement is that you use
at least one item from the amazing
Gecko Galz Etsy shop

I look forward to seeing your creation.
Link up at
 Gecko Galz

and Good Luck!!

Electra, off to celebrate Canada a bit more.
Over and Out.





2 comments:

  1. beautiful., beautiful work as always! i haven't been to canada for awhile! i need to get back there! take good care, xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!