Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Harvest Moon

The Take a Word challenge today is "Moon".  Immediately the song "Harvest Moon" came to mind and I've been singing it all day.  Well, not actually SINGING it, people would look at me funny.  More like humming it.  Can you hear me? "Shine on, shine on, Harvest Moon, for me and my gal...."
The moon started out as an image of the moon from the Apollo Moon Landing.
It seemed like the most logical place to find the moon.  then I got all nostalgic and remember watching it on TV....the couple is from Graphics Fairy, and the word art is by Jessica Sprague.
All very famous people.  which makes it easy to make art.
Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely glorious, one of my favourite songs too. Lovely images and blending. Perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very romantic piece, Electra. Love the different shades of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning , beautiful. lots of layers it is truly a wonderful peice of art
    Hugs wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color work in this romantic Moon collage. Lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece Electra and so beautifully done. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't even started reading the post, just looking at the project and started thinking Shine On, Shine on Harvest Moon. THAT'S SPOOKY!!!!

    What a lovely romantic and dreamy look, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is stunning, absolutely stunning! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NEVER would have thought that this is an Apollo moon. Lovely piece. So soft and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, now I have that song going around in my head and it won't leave me alone!
    Seriously, Electra, your beautiful, romantic harvest moon is a superb piece of art. I love everything about it, especially the warm golden glow you have achieved.
    Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!