Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2012

That's the Ticket

Head Poobah Jana of
 fame
has invited us to create something fantabulous with a ticket or anything related to a ticket.  
How easy is that?
You could even post your dry cleaning ticket! (with a little doodling on it of course)
I don't doodle, 
or at least I don't doodle anywhere where anyone from the general public would be likely to see it, soooooo,,,,
I made this:
That's my handsome dad on the left there
No, not the guy with the huge ears!
when he worked for Warner Brother's Pictures. 
 He was good friends with Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig, you know.
I would like to tell you my dad was an actor, a famous actor.  But he was an accountant.
well, they called it a bookkeeper in those days.
sigh.
And If I had been born yet, I would have MET Porky and Bugs!
But I wasn't.
I feel so sad.

Oh well.  Tickets seemed appropriate.

Please go and say HI to the other head Poobah and the Poobettes and see their Mahvelous art to get you started on your That's the Ticket Challenge Piece.
I can hardly wait to see what you make!
  
 
 

7 comments:

  1. ROFL ! You are so funny. I enjoyed your post and creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny and beautiful Electra. Love the combination. Wonderful.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a picture of your dad at work. Your scrapping of it is PERFECT. Tickets are perfect for this. Another wonderful layout. (I was also very relieved to learn that Bugs isn't your father.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely fabulous photo! I love your layout. The tickets are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that your dad worked for WB?! WOW! He is a nice looking man! This is so neat. You are so creative and talented. I would have loved to meet the characters! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much I want to say about this, and you know me - I'll say it and then some. First of all, what a wonderful layout. Your choice of papers and the tickets as a border element are perfect for setting off the photo. It draws the viewer in immediately and reinforces the connection to the movie studio. secondly, how cool is it that your dad (and he is a handsome man) worked for a major studio?!! (p.s., my Mom was a bookkeeper, but not for anywhere so cool).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is just fabulous and what a shame you didn't get to meet them.
    Your Dad is smiling just the bestest smile evah!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!