Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

House Tag

When I saw what the theme was for this week at
I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do.
Does that ever happen to you?
See, I have these Penny Black House stamps and until now, haven't had the chance to use them.
But this was
PERFECT!
It would have been wrong not to.
Right?
It's not the best picture, but it'll have to do.   
See the little sign on the left?
Well, that's wooden button a dear friend in Australia sent to me ages ago.
ALSO, waiting for the right time.
It's by Aussie Woodcraft and the instructions (?) on it say
"repeated soaking in water not recommended"
Huh?
What do they do with their buttons in Australia?
The building on the heart, I made of Utee.
Not sure why I did, I just did.
It's coloured with Ranger Distress Inks.
Rock Candy and ink of the letters.
Floss on the windows.
To make it cozy.
The dots are Liquid Pearls. 
And the rest? My stash, of course.

Oh yeah, the frame is digital, by Wish Bliss Studios.
And you can click on it to make it bigger.
I have no idea why it's so small.

So thank you, 
It was meant to be.

14 comments:

  1. Very cool, Electra, love the house stamps, fabulous elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work on this one and awesome digital frame! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that project is awesome! i needed those stamps this weekend for the card for the m-i-l...I can't believe that out of all the stamps i have (and there are lots...) i don't have a house stamp of any kind...brutal! love what you did with yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't normally wash our wooden buttons here in Australia..we remove them before washing and then sew them back on again....just joking!! Great tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your house too :) Love how your piece speaks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful dimensional piece and the frame finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story. I had to use the zoom tool to see your sign "The Queen is sleeping". Love your little houses and the story behind them. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only is this perfectly exquisite, Electra, I am loving how you are loving being able to use so many gorgeous and special pieces too. Standing ovation from my corner of the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors. Love the houses. Love that curious button. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic. Great frame, great houses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!