Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Deets

I am sad to say I DID not meet a handsome man who wanted to immediately whisk me away to Paris, when he set eyes upon me today.  As Planned.  Now that could have something to do with the fact that every man at the Photo Walk looked like my ex-husband, with his tilley hat and his khaki vest with myriad pockets for all the little gadgets that we photographers carry around with us.  When I realized THAT, I decided that I wouldn't make eye contact with anyone who did not have breasts.  I spent the morning with my eye glued to the camera, and had lunch with the leader, who is a lovely lady.  All right, all right.  I KNOW I should have something a little more exciting to report to you all, but such is life.  I figure once burned, twice shy.  My ex-husband is a photographer, did I mention that?  Well, he IS and why I didn't make the connection that there could quite possibly be other photographers that would conjure up some scary memories for me, is beyond me.  There was a car accident right beside us as we were waiting for the Walk to begin and I considered grabbing a cute fireman (heck, they're ALL cute) and shoving him in my truck and driving him to my house, JUST SO I would have something to report to all my bloggy buds, but they're quick, those firemen.  And strong.  Sigh.  did I ever tell you that years ago when I ran a 70-bed shelter, and we had an arsonist, I would get called in the middle of the night to come down, when another fire was set?  No?  Well, the point is, all the staff thought I was setting the fires just so I could work with the Arson Squad.  I was not!

Having said that, I went to the video store on the way home and rented:

  1. Funny Face, with Audrey Hepburn

  2. A Little Romance, starring Lawrence Olivier

  3. An American in Paris, with (who else but) Gene Kelly
and I am going to make some popcorn and admire the City of Lights on my pitiful little TV, All ALONE, instead of in person, with a handsome photographer.  Or fireman.  Sigh.Tomorrow, in honour of Paris in July I am planning to do some French cooking.
You're invited. I do hope you'll join me.

5 comments:

  1. DEAR ELECTRA,
    YOU ARE SOOOOO VERY FUNNY.
    LOVE WILL FIND YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT AND YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR IT.
    YOU CERTAINLY KNOW HOW TO BLOG...LOL
    I WOULD HAVE WATCHED THOSE MOVIES WITH YOU BUT SIGH WE ARE NOT NEIGHBORS...LOL
    YOU ARE SO VERY TALENTED...I READ THE POSTS I HAVE MISSED AND YOUR ATC'S ARE AWESOME. I JUST ENTERED MY FIRST ATC SWAP AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. I AM STILL LEARNING ALL THE DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if I leave now, what time do you think tea will be ready??

    At least you saw firemen (or was it fireMAN??).. I went out today and didn't see a soul over the age of 21, except a lady in amotorised wheelchair looking for a woolly hat in the Army Disposal store. I dont know which of us has the more interesting life!!!

    Back to the books.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the opening scene of An American in Paris. Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm safe in saying this, as Dewbird is glued to the TV in the other room, that living with the opposite sex is highly over rated. If you want to trade places for a while, you'll see what I mean.. lol. Hope you had a good time watching your movies, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't seen any of those. Looking forward to tea time, gf....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is too cute!! And I think firemen are adorable too!!! Thank you for coming by my blog...I hope I can figure out where that Paris challenge is..thank you for telling me about it!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!