Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Some days are diamonds



Yes, it's true! I have become a proud card carrying member of the Bloggerette Sorority! I know, I know, you thought you would get there before I did, but NO, I am the first! (in my family LOL)
There are two requirements you must fulfill before you are allowed to join this not-so secret society: 1. Create something with the image of the "sorority sisters" and 2. Have your photo taken with your creation. The first one was easy, the second not so much. (don't tell anyone what I look like, I'm incognito, dontcha know)
I hope you will visit Karen's lovely blog and who knows, maybe you'll meet some of us as you trudge the road of happy destiny!
BTW, the faces are the "sisters" and the bodies are from one of Susie Que's wonderful images. They are on a background that my daughter made with cardboard, glue, popped balloons and acrylic paint. I added Graphic 45 paper, some of it punched and distressed, a Hambley bicycle transparency, a Creative Imaginations journalling card, a digital picture frame, unknown felt dancing child and brad, October Afternoon vintage card,a Prima flourish and a flower I made of some packaging I had. The flapper's dress is embellished with some glossy accents and distress stickles. Lastly, shiny letters from my stash.

10 comments:

  1. aww cool, nice to meet you,its nice to put a face to a name..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your rush, very cute.. I'm glad you'v joined us we are going to have such fun... Hugs Wendy @blissangels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I LOVE your page! This is really great!!! And look at how adorable you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think that is a FABULOUS layout, and a fab pic of you! And great description of how you did it, I know how you love to write those, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh this is darling sister!!! Great to meet you here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO ELECTRA, MY NEW SORORITY SISTER,
    I AM DEBBIE OF SIMPLY DEBBIE, FROM OKLAHOMA. I AM STILL MAKING MY WAY TO ALL MY SORORITY SISTERS.
    IT IS SO NICE TO MEET YOU AND YOUR RUSH PROJECT IS AWESOME. I AM HAPPY THAT YOU TOLD ALL THE STEPS...WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THERE WAS BALLOONS ON THE BACKGROUND...I LOVE MIXED-MEDIA BUT I AM JUST NOW LEARNING ABOUT IT. I HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS BUT NEVER KNEW IT HAD A NAME UNTIL I BOUGHT A COMPUTER AND STARTED BLOGGING. I WILL JOIN YOUR BLOG AS YOU ARE MY SORORITY SISTER.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project and it looks like it was fun to make. It is great to meet you. I think taking pictures with our projects was a great idea. So nice to meet another sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there new sister! I love your creation. This has been sooooo much fun seeing what everyone created and meeting new friends. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely photo of you with your entrance pass!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore ALL of your art. Your rush project is so cool. I'm trying to visit all of the sisters, nice to meet ya. Excited for whats to come

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!