Surely we've all heard of this little guy? (I think I dated him once) Monsieur B. was the Emporer of the French people from 1769-1821.He fought some MAJOR battles, in fact at the museum the other day, I was fascinated to see a huge diorama with a total of 60,000 soldiers going at it, with him at the centre of it all. Not someone I would want to upset.
In honour of Paris In July, I did a little research on him. What I've decided to share with you is the following quotes:
- "A man cannot become an atheist merely by wishing it." (This is true, I tried when I was a teenager and failed miserably.)
- "A picture is worth a thousand words." (gasp! Did you know HE said this?)
- "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon." (So will a scrapbooker.)
- "History is a set of lies agreed upon". (especially if we are talking about my weight.)
- "If you want a thing done well, do it yourself" (He must have known my mother.)
- "Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets." ( Mel Gibson should have thought of that before he opened his mouth. ever.)
- "Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows." (must not have heard my daughter practicing her tuba.)
- "Women are nothing but machines for producing children." (good thing he didn't live in THIS century.)
- "In politics stupidity is not a handicap." (Maybe he DOES live in this century.)
NUMBER 10: "The best cure for a body is a quiet mind."
which is why I shall say good night now.
PS. I have to add this disclaimer: 1. I LOVE music and can't imagine life without it. 2. My daughter is a VERY good tuba player and I love her a lot.