Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I love Paris

Soartful Challenges is singing a Cole Porter song this weekend.  My favorite version is by Nat King Cole and so that's what I've been listening to as I created my "I love Paris" LO this week.

I have to give a big shout out to MissFroo7h for the awesome Eiffel Tower brushes!

I've never been to Paris, except during Karen and Tamara's Paris In July extravaganza three months ago (like in July, duh).  Which brings me to a secomd item I would like to mention.

My friend Tamara over at Thyme for Tea
has kindly given me a
Cherry On Top Award!

How cool is that?

The rules of this award require me to:
1. Answer this question:
If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you, and what would it be?

Well, usually I would say there is nothing in my life I would change, as it's all brought me to where I am today.  BUT, lately, I've been kind of instrospective and thinking about the kind of person I am and have been over the years.  I'm an introvert.  And I like my solitude.  A lot.  Always have.  It requires great effort on my part to be sociable or even to participate in anything which requires me to be in a group.  Now, I like who I am, for the most part.  BUT lately, I've been thinking that I need to be a bit more outgoing, smile a bit more, be friendlier, more thoughtful towards the people I am with when I'm with them.
So I am trying to do that.
What would I change?  Maybe I wish a little bit that I'd come to this conclusion earlier in my life, and maybe been a more pleasant person, maybe smiled more.  Then maybe it would be easier now.
It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, ya know?
But I guess anything is possible.

2.Award the Cherry on Top Award to 6 people.
OK, here are my thoughts on this:
I think that a cherry on top of a sundae (or cupcake or anything sweet and lovely) is the "piece de resistance", that extra special wondrous gift that finishes off something that would be delightful even if it didn't have a cherry on top.

And so, the people I would like to pass this on to are:

1. Linda of L3 Studio
2. Chris of  Bling-Kin-Eck
4. Amanda and Jenn of Kind Over Matter
6. Jana of I Can't Wanna

These are some folks who have supported, encourage and inspired me.
Thanks Tamara for taking the time to send me this award. It's the gifts like this that make me thankful I started this silly ol' blog.

If you've read all of this, congratulations and thanks!
But, I promise.

And that's all you're going to get out of me today.  :-)


  1. Well, you've had a blast of a blog ride since that first post not all that long ago really.

    I don't agree with you being introverted seeing as you are being sociable and putting yourself out there by having a blog and leaving comments on other blogs.
    The introversion must only be in certain situations which covers 99.9% of all humans (Pearl is the other 0.1%, you can tell this by her posture), otherwise you would only be a blog lurker.

    We don't have to be all things to all people you know. Only misery lies down that path of chasing perfectionism.

    Thank you so much for the blog award I love this creative adventure we are sharing together :-)


  2. Congrats on the award! Well deserved. Love that digi piece at the beginning, I always do.... that's funny, I consider myself an introvert as well, and much rather prefer being alone as to being in a group. Kudos to you for wanting to change it up a bit! I've thought about that too, but then I go to WalMart and I revert back to my old way of

  3. Hey Electra... couldn't help but repeat the award from Tamara. I look forward to seeing what you're up to and only wish I'd been more switched on lately. So much to catch up on!!

  4. Thanks for the nice comments on the challenge Electra. I could say the same about coming to see your art. This is a stunning piece. So much to see and yet not cluttered. Stunning.

  5. Pretty layout. I love all the pink. Thank you for the award. I'll try to post about it in the next decade or so. Not so good about these things. Your friendship has made a BIG impact on me, and I really LOVE it. Thank you for that, mostly.

  6. Paris, romance, springtime, flowers, all enough to make a Rosemary SWOON. (SIGH) I love this layout for all those reasons and it fits your inspiration perfectly.

    THANK YOU for the award, you are sweet! I am surprised you are an introvert, you strike me as so brave and willing to try new things that I think you must be quite gregarious IRL. However, having a little bit of yourself kept from everything is nice, it allows you to have a sanctuary in your soul to retreat to for protection, inspiration, and deep thinking (and I need more of that).

    I love knowing you, just wish you lived closer. Oh, the adventures we'd have!!!!


Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!