Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities-Week 13

Over at Studio L3 it's Week 13 of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge.  Now I would like to tell you that I haven't been participating in this particular challenge because I just haven't been in a position to get Tim Holtz' CofC book right now.  BUT (you won't believe this) one day not too long ago, I opened my mailbox to find a parcel and in it was Mr. H.'s book and some tags to get me started.  How AMAZING is that??? 
My own personal angels who played Santa and sent me this awesome gift are Linda Ledbetter of Studio L3 and Daisy Sparks of Eclectic Paperie.  I can't adequately express how absolutely thrilled I am by their kindness!
So, OF COURSE I'm now taking part in Linda's most excellent challenge.  Still not over whatever bug I have, this LO is the only thing I've gotten done in the past two days, but get it done I did!

Here are my flowers:



I cut them out of grungepaper, sprayed them with Airondack Color Wash and Glimmermist, painted them with sparkling H20's and finished them off with stickles and a pearl.

And here is the LO I put them on:



Oh my.  I THINK the papers rub-ons and brad are from the Bayberry Cottage line by PinkPaislee,
the cardstock is dotted swiss by I-don't-remember-who (you likely have some of their product in your stash).  And the felt is from the same manufacturer.  We'll call it IDRW.
There's some tulle too, from the pile of little-girl stuff I used to use when my daughter was little and it was raining.  Oh yeah, there are three sitckled butterflies from the Graphics 45 new line that I love, love, love.

OK.  A HUGE thanks again to Daisy and Linda and now I'm goin' back to bed.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, please, in my case it was totally self-serving. I just wanted to see more of your fabulous art, and figured this would be a good way to bribe you! ;-) Daisy, however, truly is a generous and wonderful person.

    I'm sorry you're feeling lousy! I had a bug this week, too, and am marveling that the cold and flu season has already begun. Ick. Take it easy, okay?

    OH! Your art! It's fabulous! Those shimmery grunge flowers are gorgeous, and the layout is sweet and perfect. Your daughter is so lovely!

    Feel better and keep making cool stuff! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thing for Linda and Daisy to do! So generous! glad to see your playing along! and your flowers look great as does your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that you are able to join in with this challenge as your art is awesome. There are some very generous people out there in blogland as found out myself. This creation is just beautiful, look forward to seeing many more in the forthcoming challenges. Enjoy your week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grand project, I love it! The flowers are gorgeous and for this layout, I like that they have an edgy aspect (you know, not girly girl but still girly girl - I think you know what I mean. Elegant but a little edgy and I LIKE that)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those flowers are so gorgeous! You did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo! The flowers are SUPERB! Love the colors, and they look fab on the layout! And aren't Linda and Daisy the greatest? That is so cool. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda and Daisy are so cool to send you Mr. H's book. I'm pleased with it because I get to see more of your art. I love this layout. Those flowers are beautiful. And your model is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!