Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's Opus Time!

ADDITION TO POST:
For those who cannot read the small little sentiment:  "You can't be friends with a squirrel, a squirrel is just a rat in a cuter outfit...Sarah Jessica Parker
Over at The Order of the Opus Gluei  this week's challenge #72 is EASE(L) INTO FALL.

This isn't the greatest picture in the world, but you have to understand, we haven't seen the sun here for oh, say, like maybe a month?  OK, perhaps that's a tad melodramatic.  But it's been A LONG TIME!  And it ain't easy to get a decent picture when there is no sun.

Where I work, we have squirrels.  Big, ugly, aggressive, in your face squirrels.  Some dufus bought some peanuts once and now we have to buy peanuts for the little cretins ALL THE TIME or they hiss at us.  And call us names.  True story.

Anyways,  you can click on the picture to read the sentiment.  It pretty much says it all for me.  Our challenge was to create something fall-ish and possibly use an easel while we're at it.  I was going to make something little and autumny, cus I have tons and tons or autumny stuff, cus I LOVE atutumn, but when I dug for my little easel in the easel drawer (OK, I don't really have an easel drawer), I found a big easel that I forgot I had and well, the rest is history.  It's my ODE to a SQUIRREL.  Nasty little buggers.

You have five more days to take part in this challenge over at the Order of the Opus Gluei, so hurry over there.  Well, the actual truth is that you can play with them at any time, they don't have any rules over there.  Why, if in the dead of winter, you have an overwhelming urge to make something fall-ish and wave it near an easel, go for it!  They'll be happy.  And so will you!

5 comments:

  1. Danged squirrels. They are really cute. My dog loves them. Enough so that he brings them to us. In the house. Dead. LOL. (Yucky, but true.) I LOVE that you GET us at OPUS GLUEI. We're in it for the fun. And so should everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That sentiment is amusing, but I think you CAN be friends with a squirrel! Although, my husband was attacked by one who stalked him once. No joke. Ohhh....but he also found one that carries around a tennis ball on a regular basis, so he is pretty sure they will play fetch if you can train one! HA! Your photos are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO! Hysterical! Love the sentiment, I think that sums it up for a lot of people. I'm with Jana, dogs love them, and I think they're low in cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-)

    Oh, those are those super aggressive reddish-black squirrels - they make the standard grays' behavior like kittens. I was bitten by a squirrel as a toddler, so I don't get close to them (no rabies, although Mr. Squirrel got taken out by my quick thinking sister so that the authorities could test him - okay, probably TMI) moving on....

    Yes, your OG poobah LOVES this and yes, we are pretty easygoing about when we get a project. Sure, why not?

    BTW, thank you for the kind words and Cherry on Top! ((HUGS)) You're the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea squirrels came in dark brown and could be aggressive like that!
    Can't read your quote though, am I getting too old do you think?
    Love your post :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!