Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I had the bestest day today!

and I have to show you where I was!  Autumn has FINALLY arrived (in place of summer) and it's extra special super-duper, cus we never had any last year.  So on the 2 or 3 days that the fall colours are SPECTACULAR my life grinds to a halt while I go outside to take pictures.  See what I mean?

See what I mean?
Oh right, I said that.
Not only did I get great shots, but I met some other photographers, who were all trying to get shots of the ducks taking off, AND a lovely old gentleman in his 80's who told me all about The Snows of Kilimarnjaro (sp?), that Starlings (with their oh-so-pretty iridescent feathers) were brought over here from England by a man who wanted to bring all the birds in Shakespeare's works to Canada (but off course MOST of them froze to death, just like we people do), and we walked and talked together and compared cameras and experience, of which he definitely has about TWENTY more years than I do..
(I'm out of breath now)
It was a LOVELY DAY.
AND tomorrow, I'm driving south to meet up with my daughter and her beau and their dog and we're going to Waterton Park where fall has arrived in it's full splendour.
I love my life.
Would you mind feeding Lucy while I'm gone?  Thanks.

9 comments:

  1. Oooo, to be there to see this in person! Lovely, gorgeous pictures, and I can't wait to see your Waterton pics, which is also on my bucket list, btw. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a serendipity! {An unexpected pleasure}The scene is beautiful . I just love when I meet new people who share their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant photos of the gorgeous leaves turning in your neck of the woods ... we are not there quite yet!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Electra, thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment for me, always appreciated. I too am an Autumn girl, hate summer, which we are heading into so looking at your beautiful photos gave me much joy, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ,forgot to add that i love your dress with the type on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very on form with the humour this week and have had me laughing out loud for real and I do so appreciate that :-)

    What a wonderful day you've had, thank you for sharing it!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! The trees really started to pop with color this week here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. breath taking, photos, drive safely and have a great time
    hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had the perfect day. Those photos are something else! I love the Autumn colours and you're so lucky living in such a beautiful place. TFS x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!