Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Electra gets Grungy On The Road!

The Chestnut Theme Challenge #109 at Gingersnap Creations is "On The Road".
When I saw that, I immediately thought of a Itty Bitty Unity tricycle stamp I have.  I've been wanting to use it, like, FOREVER. 

Then, Grungy Monday 14 at Studio L3 is another one of Tim Holtz' faboolous background techniques:
from March 2008
You can find the deets on Tim's technique here.

This is what I came up with:
I love Tim's background techniques, don't you?

The cool chick is by Lora Talbot and I used a stamp from October Afternoon.
And OF COURSE, one of Tim's background stamps,
which is the whole point of the technique, right?

And while I have your attention and even though I am ashamed to admit it, I would like to show you what I made for last week's Grungy Monday 13.
Yeah, it's a week late.  Here's the deal.  I was sitting in my studio, humming a little song and stitching on this tag, when I realized it was about 8PM or so on sunday evening!  Gasp!  Oh no, I thought, what time is it in Idaho???
And I rushed to Linda's blog  and learned that it was exactly the same time in Idaho as it was here. 
Oops. 
Missed the deadline. 
I was so sad.
(see my sad face?)

So I'm going to misbehave and show you today instead.  I know, stubborn or what.
I prefer to call it "tenacious" thankyewverymuch.



It's shiny, but you can't tell. 
Metallic stuff is like that.
The rub-on says "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".  But you can't see that either.
Metallic stuff is like that.
The stamp is borrowed from my friend Carol
and it's by (she gets up and goes and looks at it)
Paper Inspirations.
It's not metallic.


Merry Christmas.
Next week, I'll try to be on time.
Or not.
You never know.

9 comments:

  1. They are both spectacular! I'm glad I came by to see your work today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fantastic, and I'm glad you shared last week's Grungy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Electra Gets Grungy on the Road" has a sort of Ridley Scott film feel to it, like Thelma and Louise only with a happy ending. I like it!

    That itty bitty tricycle stamp is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm lovin' the cool chick, too, and I wish I had a hat like hers. As always, your composition skills are second to none, and you completely Electra-fied the technique!

    I'm sorry you missed last week's deadline, but I'm really glad you went ahead and posted the tag, because it's spectacular and needs to be seen by as many people as possible. Wow, girl, it's exceptional!

    You're exceptional, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an imaginative piece. I really like all the little details. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnaps. Suzanne B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Christmas in July inspiration ! And the Holtz style background tag is just fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh. I love both of these tags. I love Tim's background techniques too. I miss deadlines all the time. Some of them at work. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Electra, I am so far behind on reading my favorite blogs! What a week. Anyway, I love you grungy look! Current or late, you are always a bit of brightness in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fantastic tag, both of them are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!