Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Feeling confused tonight



We had a great day for most of the day. Joshua Tree was fascinating although COLD! I got tons of interesting shots Hopefully I'll be able to get to the mall and make a cd. In the afternoon, I had been looking forward to going out to meet some friends and my hostess was worried I would get lost. So we did a "dry run". I had mapquest directions written all down but she didn't see how they could be right and was getting very upset about it, I finally got so fed up with all the chaos that I turned the car round and came home. I CALMLY suggested that I could go do this in the morning when it was light and she wouldn't have to worry about me getting lost in the dark. Well, I'm not sure what happened next, but she told me I should leave "for both our sakes". Wow, get out of here in other words. So I went out. When I came back she was even angrier that I was gone longer that she thought was appropriate and mad that I didn't call. I didn't realize she has taking over the role of "mother" for me. Thanks, not in the market for this. She went into her room and has not come out. I think I'll be looking at changing my flight to get out of here tomorrow if possible, in the morning. I wouldn't live this way at home, with someone giving me the silent treatment and I sure don't want to endure it here, trapped in this house, This SOOOOOO sucks. I was so excited and happy to be coming to spend time with her. I've been trying not to cry all day, but I guess I'll go to bed now and do exactly that. The bird, by the way, is a road runner, I thought they were only in cartoons(!!) and then there are the famous PS dates at the farmers market. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have no idea how this happened to you! I'm so sorry that there was this misunderstanding between friends. But she should have handled this so much better - you don't treat a guest and friend to the silent treatment. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I think a good cry is in order, just to release the tension and frustration. Sheesh, I guess you can't wait to get home. Please be safe and maybe maybe maybe things worked out for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s., one last thing. I get so ticked when someone says they want you to do something (e.g., leave for a couple hours, go ahead and take the last piece of cake, etc.) and then gets mad that you do! What the heck? If they don't mean it then don't say it...okay, done venting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you for saying all this. Thanks girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how horrible for you to be treated this way. Perhaps she was jealous that you were going to be spending time with someone other than her, and didn't know how to express it. Not right, but that's what came to mind whilst reading this. Those birds are funny, aren't they???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!