Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Denim, Rust and Dust

The last (sniff, sniff) challenge on the Wild West month over at Gingersnap Creations is taking place as we speak.  And it is a Colour Challenge.  (I have to spell "colour" with a "u", in case you're wondering-it's the way we Canadians spell "color".  I'll bet you didn't know that.)
Anyhoo...
(Actually, she is yelling, BINGO!, but the theme IS the Wild West.)
The background is a Tim Holtz Alterations die, distressed with Aged Mahogany, Wild Honey, Walnut Stain, and Vintage Photo, the pocket is from a pair of thrift store baby jeans, (SO CUTE!!), the lady is Dale Evans, from the ever-present Internet, and the charms are from my local bead store.  Lastly, Glitz letter and a stamped distressed and Utee-ed so long ago, I can't remember the details.  Gotta love that junk drawer. 
Er, JUNQUE drawer, it sounds so much more artsy, doncha think?
I really want to thank the team at Gingersnap Creations for allowing me to contribute my art to their fabulous month of western lusciousness. I can't tell you how much it's meant to me.
Now go admire the other amazing art posted there, you'll be as amazed by the talent as am
and you have until June 19th to participate in the ChallengeI! 

9 comments:

  1. Spectacular! A stunning piece of work. penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been great seeing your art on Gingersnaps, but as I am a follower I get to see it all the time...lucky me. Love your imagination on this one using a denim pocket, neat touch. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOO! Love this piece. Those charms are perfect. The denim was sheer genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee ki eh!? Love it! Love your creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Or, should I say, Yee Haw! This is total spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEEEE-HAW!
    I love this!!!
    Clever you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you are going out with a huge bang! I love this image. So thoughtful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's breathtaking, love the use of the pocket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!