Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Take A Word #29

Has it really been 29 weeks since Marie started her awesome Take A Word blog?
Wowzers.
If you haven't been there yet, I'd have to wonder why.  There is SO MUCH kewl art in one place.
Wowzers.
This week, the theme is "Oriental".
My daughter asked me one day, what does that mean? and when I told her,
she informed me that this word is "politically incorrect". 
Well, who knew.
Darn word police.
Apparently, we're suppose to say "Asian" now.  Maybe that's just in Canada.
Oh, who knows.
For that matter, who cares?
I give you:  Asian/Oriental


5 comments:

  1. These word police get on my you know what with what's correct or incorrect. Whatever it's a beautiful piece. I love it. Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Oriental piece. I have been told that people are Asian and things are oriental. Don't know if it's right or wrong, but that's my guideline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sizzler!! I love everything about this, Electra, especially the wonderful textures you have achieved. It is a seriously great piece of art. Take a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant piece, this is so classy and beautiful!

    It isn't only the polite Canadians, even we the great unwashed Americans are supposed to say Asian. I didn't see that it was insulting, I guess I assumed the Orient was the Far East which encompassed all those nations. Oh well, no harm no foul eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!