Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

A heart-warming story

I do swaps.
  Mainly through Swap-Bot. 
And one day I signed up for a "Heart" ATC swap, which involved making four, count em, four heart-themed ATC's for your partner.
I put them in an envelope.
I put them in the truck and did a bunch of errands.

And I stopped at the post office, intending to put a stamp on the envelope 
and send it off to my partner.
And the envelope was gone!

I looiked everywhere.

I retraced all of my steps that day.
Long story short, I never did find it.
VERY disappointed.  But hey, life happens, right?
So I made four more and successfully, this time, managed to get them mailed.
But you know what?
My partner emailed me and said she received two envelopes, with all eight ATC's in them!
I couldn't believe it.
Some kind stranger found my envelope of the ground, obviously, went to the post office, bought a stamp (for a fairly large envelope, I may add) and sent it off!
How cool is that?
And if that weren't enough, the recipient and I are now getting to be pretty good friends, swapping back and forth.
There is hope.
Have a funny day.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, that's a great end to this - there are great folks out there. No surprise, though, that this kind person was a Canadian, you all are so polite and nice.

    The ATCs are wonderful; the PMS fairy made me chuckle out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although TROUBLE is also great too. LOL

    Notice how I just assume the kind person with the postage was Canadian? Just has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great story Electra, love happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. And all 8 are awesome as well! :)We should do a stampotique swap one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so cool! How kind was that person? These are awesome ATC's... love them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ATC's and what a WONDERFL story!!! That is really fun, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming to my class last night! It was so nice to see you!! i mean, really really nice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming by and supporting my BCC series. I think your edgy and romantic style is fabulous. i think you would totally be published if you sent in to SNR - they accept ATCs, inchies etc every month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!