Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mail Art

The posties are going on strike in Canada.
(possibly)
I'm so sad.
Yeah, it's been 14 years, but C'MON!
I love snail mail.
and now this.
sigh.
Oh well, at least the girls of The Order of the Opus Gluei have presented us with
MAIL ART
as this week's challenge.
SO
whenever the evil postal workers get back to work,
I shall send off a couple of envelopes like this:

The envelope is on the left.  I guess you figured that out yourself, though,
didn't you.
or this:

It's only Tuesday, so you have plenty of time to visit

6 comments:

  1. These are amazing - so, what techniques did you employ, Ms. Electra? I think it would be incredible to get such a pretty envelope in the mail!

    I hope the postal people in Canada do NOT strike - that would not be at all polite to deprive the artistic citizens a chance to have fun and spread beautiful art!
    (stepping daintily off my soapbox now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made a matching card/envelope. Those tattoo hearts are so awesome. One of my favs. I don't have a tattoo, but if I do ever want to get one, this would be one of my choices. The flower envelope is great. LOVE that you colored in one of the flowers. I really hope that those postal folks can come to some agreement and not strike. (crossing fingers for you and Canada)
    Thanks so much for playing with OPUS GLUEI every week. You are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mail art is amazing. Love the idea of matching card and envelope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!