Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dia de los Muertos

Soartful challenges has given us a link to learn all about the Day of the Dead.  (That's English for Dia de los Muertos)  I checked it out and it's pretty interesting. You might want to too. When we were in Mexico, there were lots of skull-ish items, but I never really asked about it. Belly-button gazing, I suppose.  Or maybe checking out those cute Spanish guys... Hey, here's a memory for you-when my daughter and I were in Playa del Carma (or something like that) there was this guy on the street and out of the blue, he asked me what the scar on my neck was.  I told him it was a bullet wound.  (jerk)  ANYWAYS...this is the image we got to play with this week:
It's SO cool.  I'm going to have to make some other stuff with it.
But in the interim, here is my interpretation:

OLE!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, now you're just plain freaking me out. But it is wonderful art, but I can only look at it once. Oh, and funny about the bullet wound comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are such fabulous pieces...wow
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I would never have come up with this idea ever. Love it. The frame is absolutely gorgeous and adding the gem for a ring, perfect. Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I really appreciate it!